These muffins are very easy to make and have a nice taste of lemon thanks to dōTERRA lemon essential oil …
For about fifteen small muffins:
* 150 gr spelt flour or whole wheat flour
* 50 gr oat bran
* 2 ts yeast
* 3 eggs
* 75 gr white almond puree
* 4 ts agave syrup
* 80 gr chocolate chips (a mixture of dark and milk chocolate)
* the juice of a lemon
* 8 drops lemon essential oil
Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Mix flour, bran and yeast. Add the other ingredients and mix. Pour into oiled mini-muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes.
Health info about ingredients used in this recipe:
* oat bran: very useful in the context of a low glycemic index diet (for diabetics, for example) because it contains a lot of soluble fibers which capture sugars and fats from the alimentary bolus. It also has an appetite suppressant effect. It has to be introduced slowly into one’s diet if one is sensitive to fibers.
* dōTERRA lemon essential oil: anti-infectious, antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral, it is a good digestive tonic, a natural antioxidant and a good detoxifier.
Check out other recipes on my blog (in French): http://farinedetoiles.blogspot.no/