A neat discovery: dōTERRA kumquat essential oil! A great pairing with this simple cream of carrot!
4 small glasses
* 350 gr carrots
* 1 small onion
* a little olive oil, a small piece of ginger – grated, a pinch of pepper and curcuma
* 1 tsp white miso
* 3 drops kumquat essential oil
* a little gomasio as topping
Sauté over medium heat the chopped onion in a little olive oil with spices.
Add the sliced carrots and sauté for a few minutes.
Pour cold water and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
Add the miso and the essential oil just before blending.
Blend. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
Sprinkle with gomasio.
Health info about ingredients used in this recipe:
* miso: fermented paste, abundantly used in the Japanese cuisine. Very salty, this ingredient is used with parsimony but is very nutritious: it contains all essentials amino acids, B vitamins, lactobacillus.
Because it is fermented, it supports digestion and promotes the regeneration of healthy intestinal flora (the guarantee of an ironclad immunity – or almost!).
There are white miso (or shiro miso) – mild in taste – as used in this recipe, and brown miso – stronger in taste – used in other recipes.
* gomasio: it provides healthy seasoning as mainly composed of sesame and a little unrefined sea salt.
* dōTERRA kumquat essential oil: it supports a healthy function of the digestive, nervous and cardiovascular systems. It strengthen the immune system and bring joy and uplift the mood!
Check out other recipes on my blog (in French): http://farinedetoiles.blogspot.no/